What is a Catastrophic Injury?
Some injuries are more severe than others and cause much more pain and suffering. The results are long lasting and costly. Most catastrophic injury victims lose their ability to live a normal life, and can no longer work to support themselves. Both the emotional and physical toll can be crippling, and often affects family members of the victim. That’s why it’s so important to get help from an experienced catastrophic personal injury attorney.
These devastating and life altering injuries can include:
- Loss of a limb and amputation
- Serious burn injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and brain injuries affecting cognitive function
- Spinal cord injury
- Crush Injury
- Loss of hearing or eyesight
- Severe and multiple bone fractures (especially of the hip and pelvis)
- Internal and organ injuries
- Any injuries that cause permanent mobility issues
- Heart arrhythmia, respiratory failure, or seizures caused by electrocution
What are catastrophic injuries caused by?
- Car accidents caused by negligent drivers
- Reckless or impaired vehicle drivers hitting a bicyclist or pedestrian
- Workplace accidents caused by improper safety measures being taken
- Unsafe public places as a result of negligence
- Electrocution cause by defective products or unsafe public places and properties
- Dangerous construction sites putting employees at risk
- Medical malpractice
Does this describe what you or a loved one is going through right now?
At Legler, Murphy, and Battaglia, LLP, we aggressively fight to gain compensation for the full extent of the harm caused to our catastrophic personal injury clients. While we know our clients may never return to their condition before they were injured, we care about our clients, and we want them to get justice and financial help for the losses they sustained.
You should not have to pay for catastrophic medical expenses that weren’t your fault out of your own pocket. If you believe someone else’s negligence caused you or a loved one’s catastrophic injury, it’s important that you talk to an experienced personal injury attorney.
We work to gain compensation for medical and rehabilitation costs, loss of wages because of the disability, costs related to the catastrophic accident, and emotional damages you suffered because of the catastrophic accident
How can you prove a catastrophic injury?
When you contact us for help, we will ask you for any information you have relating to the accident including:
- Any information you have about the accident, including pictures, witnesses, testimonies of damages observed, etc.
- Information about the other party’s negligence and how they may have breached their duty of care to you
- Medical records including surgeries, hospital visits, and rehabilitation
- Expenses related to emotional loss and suffering resulting from the accident
- Documentation of lost income due to injuries suffered
- Details outlining how the injury has caused a loss of relationships with family members
Sarasota, Bradenton, and Tampa Bay Area Catastrophic Injury Lawyers
At Legler, Murphy & Battaglia, LLP, we specialize in dealing with catastrophic injury cases, and we’re ready to help you.
If you, or someone you love sustained a catastrophic injury due to someone else’s negligence, schedule a free consultation with an experienced Sarasota / Bradenton personal injury attorney. We work hard to get you justice and recovery from your injuries, so you don’t have to go it alone.
Call one of our Florida offices: Bradenton at 941-748-5599 or Sarasota at 941-366-3782. You can also contact us online.
If you are injured or recovering, let us come to your home, the hospital or another convenient location. We can also arrange transportation for you at no cost. There are no fees or costs until we win your case.